In over 80% of a visa application a passport photo is required. In most cases, a biometric passport photograph must be submitted.
To obtain the following, the easiest way a biometric passport photo:
- Make a selfie after guidance
- Upload the photo in your personal customer account
We print out the appropriate number of passport photographs to the necessary size and quality for your visa application.
By the way: if you need a passport photograph for a German document (e.g.: ID card, passport) we also support you with our passport photo service.
The requirements for a recent passport photo:
- Done within the last six months
- Frontal view of the head must be centered in the image and precisely aligned
- Neutral facial expression (no smiling)
- Do not wear headgear in the pictures (except for religious reasons)
- The image must be sharp, contrast and evenly lit
- The recording must be of good quality and natural skin tones
- The background must monochrome, bright and not decorative
- The eyes must be open, and looking in the camera
- Neutral facial expression and closed mouth (no smiling)
- A pair of glasses, which is worn daily, may be used if it does not produce reflections, the eyes will not collapse or are in the shade.